Saturday, May 16, 2015

Top to Bottom of New Zealand.... Welcome to Spring Break...WHAT AN Adventure!!!! :)

On April 2 through the 19.......
I adventured on Spring break and was able to go to the Very top of New Zealand as well as to the very Southern point of New Zealand as well!!!
I was able for the first week to have a great friend that I met here, Tanner, accompany me on this amazing tiki tour adventure!!!!
SO let me give yall a very quick recap because you all know how long it could actually be :)......

1. We took a train from Christchurch to Picton!
2. Then we took the Cook's Strait Ferry to watch the sunset into Wellington 
3. Spent the amazing weekend in the Nation's capitol Wellington......we even got to see and go to the Beehive (like the White House) :) 
4. Then we took the Kiwi Rails train from Wellington and went up and explored throughout the whole North Island to Auckland!
5. Then we went and indulged in Hobbiton...yes to Hobbiton..... and some amazing glow worm caves.
6. The next day we went to Waiheke Island and was able to zip line, yes my fellow friends, I said zip line...... Another first for Robert I was so excited :-)
7. We were then able and blessed to go to Rotorura and spend three days at one of our friend's, Andrew, house with his loving family and experience what the "living life" kiwi style was all about!! He even lived on a farm!!!
8. And then after that, Tanner unfortunately had a field trip he had to go attend back down in Wellington, so I went onto the Bay of Islands in North Island, as a Lone Ranger!!!
9. I was able to go to Cape Reinga, New Zealand's farthest place north and I was even able to sand surf, what an experience!!!!
10. And then after that adventure I flew, via Air New Zealand from Kerikeri, a local airport, down to Queenstown in the South Island of New Zealand.
11. I spent a few days exploring the famous Queenstown city. It was here where I found a DEEP PASSION for Segways!!!! Now every place I go that has a Segway is a super must!!!!
12. I went to Invercargill and Bluff and rode the Ferry to Stewart Island.
13. Stewart Island is where my last place to explore took action before going back to Uni!!!!!
14. I embraced in two days there before flying in a private local town plane, where I got to sit in the cockpit with the pilot, "I was called Passenger Pilot Carpenter" I was so thankful!! :-)
15. Back to Invercargill and then flew into Christchurch to end my tiki tour of an adventure of Spring Break 2015....but actually since the seasons are opposite it actually felt like Fall break!!!!!

Let me tell you being able to hit my bed when I returned back to Uni was a blessing!!!

There are SOOOOOOO MANY stories that I left out here, and I apologize greatly for that, but you all will know them, I think they deserve a personal explanation!!!! Typing and Reading just do not do justice!! :) 

If you have any questions in particular, I would love to answer them!!!!

So very honored to be experiencing New Zealand in the Land of the Long White Cloud!!!
Praise the Lord!!! 




 Our Wonderful RA Dalia dropping Tanner and I off at The Train Station to start our Tiki Tour!! :)

Tanner and I Embracing the Train..... and we adopted a new family in the background.....nothing like a family photo!!! :)

One of my favorite parts of the train...on the look out deck, that way when going through towns we could wave and smile!!!

Being Calm!!!

Here we are :)

MY FIRST EVER JELLYFISH!!!!! Luckily here in New Zealand, they do not sting!!! :) What a gooey sight to behold, but just as remarkable!!

Picton Harbor :) Breath- taking!!!

 Wellington Cable Car!!!! :)
 Our first ever Cable Car experience ever!!! One from Missouri and One from Pennsylvania accomplishing a first in New Zealand!!!

I think I can pull it off :)

Wellington Crab Shack!!! :)
Yum Yum Yummy

Welcome to the Beehive, at the Nation's Capital!!!! Like Our White House!!! :)
Front and Center!!!

One of the majestic blessings!!


And another!!!

One the train!!! Absoutetly love this!!! Embrace the Moment!!! :)

Life on the back of the train!!!

Love it!!!

Welcome to Auckland's Sky Tower!!! :)

I cannot believe I am here!!! :)

Night Time Sky Tower in Auckland!!! :)

Glow Worms Cave!!

Hobbiton Here We Are!! :)

Gandalf anyone??

My home!! :)

The town of Hobbiton!! :)

The Zip Lining Family!!!! They wanted a great photo idea, gave them a suggestion and here we are!!! :)

 Tanner and I about ready to experience the Zip Lining Experience!!!! :)

Andrew(Kiwi), Tanner and Myself embracing the Rotorura life!!!

Natural Springs in Rotorua!!!

Rotorua Museum : Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa


 SAND SURFING ON 90 MILE BEACH!!! :)

FARTHEST POINT NORTH OF NEW ZEALAND!!! CAPE REINGA!! :)

You are witnessing where the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean Meet and Separate :)
Amazing!!!

 Swimming in the Pacific Ocean at the Bay of Islands!!!

Thank you dear Lord, for the Footprints in The Sand!!!




And It would not be an adventure without a Geocache!!! :)
Iconic New Zealand, My Friend.....The Sheep!!! :)


One of my NEW Favorite passions and interests....Segways!!! With the beauty of Queenstown in the background!!!
So Blessed!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment