Thursday, May 28, 2015

Welcome to My Home Marae..... Rapaki πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏπŸ—ΏπŸ―

In Maori, you have a home Marae!
What is a home Marae you are asking, well it is..... The place of establish, where you are from!

While being in my favorite class of Maori I truly have had a deep deep embracement into the Maroi culture. What an amazing sight to behold!!! I have purely enjoyed learning from the Dr. Lloyd Carpenter, AKA Uncle Lloyd!!! Each class is a new experience, a new page, a new lesson to be tought! I have truly been blessed for this experience and cannot wait to all cherish it in my heart, no matter where life may take me! 
But since I could go on for hours, as you all know I will, ;), I will keep it short!!  I was able to go to a Marae, a place of ceremonial and cultural security, a place of togetherness.  And for me being an international student I did not have a home Marae but the folks at the Marae, Rapaki Marae, welcomed us as family.  Because that is what happens once a truce is reached. You become family! 
I am so honored and blessed to have had this experience as well with not just me but the whole Maori class!!!
It is Tikanga, translated literally means, correct process, but in the big scheme of things it means SOOOOOOO MUCH MORE!!!! And by the Folks at Rapaki offering up their Marae for us to become one of them, that is just one of the many forms of Tikanga!!!
I know the pictures will not do justice by all the feels that were felt and sights that were seen, but trust me I will tell you all about it!! ;)

Welcome to my Home Marae!!!!

A treat of welcoming!!!
 The closure of welcoming with tea!!!
 Acener and I.... of course... Embracing The Moments!!!!


A look into the Marae.... All Done by hand and each piece no matter how small has a meaning!!!!






Being Thankful and Content in My Home Marae!!!

My Maori 106 Class..... BEST CLASS OF THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment